Monday, July 13, 2009

07-13-09 No Heat?!?!?

So apparently there's no heat in the dorms in the summer. Not so fun for me! I wore long pants, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt to bed and had a blanket. I shivered all night long. I thought about getting up and putting on socks and my jacket, but the beds are pretty much plastic mattresses on a wood frame, so any movement would have probably awakened my roommate, Kate. I have never experienced real dorm life, so this was all quite a deal. I lived in a dorm at TAMUG and in an off-campus dorm in College Station, but when you live with a roommate in a room that's about 10 feet by 15 feet and includes 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 chairs, 2 bookcases, and 2 closets, and the restroom and semi-communal showers are across the hall, you get definitely get a chance to live it college style! The food at Hamilton Dining has been pretty good, and the staff are great. I will just wear socks and more clothes to bed when we return to the dorms Friday and Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment