Sunday, July 12, 2009

07-12-09 Morning at the Campbell House

Our morning started pretty early today. Elaine and Alice packed up and we had breakfast together in the main house, with a lovely view of the grounds through that bay window. After breakfast, the girls headed out to return to Portland's airport for their flight home. I did a little laundry in my suite and was able to have an extra late check out. I caught up on my blogs from Friday and Saturday, wrote some postcards, and enjoyed the relaxed morning as it rained, and then stormed outside. Since I couldn't check in to the dorm until 4:00, I hung out in the suite until 1:00. I even washed some towels for them because I was so grateful they let me stay late! After I checked out (and left my bags in the office), I went looking for a lunch spot. Not much happening in downtown Eugen on a Sunday. All I could find was a Starbuck's (which I wold visit later), a pizza place, and a diner called Todd's Place. I went to Todd's. By the time I got there, I had been rained on quite a bit, and my shoes were wet. After lunch, I headed to Starbucks to get a hot tea. There had just been an accident, involving a Mustang and a small truck. No one was hurt, but there was more damage than you could just drive off with. After getting my nonfat, sugar free vanilla roobios tea with 3 shots of sugar free vanilla and 2 shots of sugar free cinnamon dolce (this is a yummy drink- tastes like a cinnamon roll!), I head back to the B&B so I wouldn't get caught in the rain again. I dried off a bit, thanked the staff again, and took a cab to the University.

No comments:

Post a Comment