Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home (at Uof O, E)

U of O, E is vowel-speak for University of Oregon, Eugene. It was a bit confusing to find the building where I needed to check in, then get to the building where I was staying, but I made it, eventually. What can I say about the room? It's a dorm. It's clean. It's tiny! I cannot imagine what it would be like to live here full time by myself, let alone with a roommate! I semi-unpacked (not staying long, you know), met my roommate Kate from Norman, OK, and headed to dinner in the dining hall (a different building). Dinner was good. Then we headed to yet another building for our class. We had a meet and greet and a short activity about plate boundaries. Pretty interesting! We looked for patterns on four different types of maps: seismology maps, volcano maps, geography maps, and geochronological maps. Fun stuff. I know what you're thinking, and it really WAS fun. After our class, we headed back to the dorm to repack for our short trip. I am REALLY glad I went to WalMart to get a little rolling carry-on. I will take that and my backpack to Bend and Diamond Lake. I will leave my big suitcase here, locked in our coordinator's room. I've got to get ready for bed now, I need to be up by 6:00 to get ready and be at breakfast by 7:00. Class is from 8-1, and then we eat lunch and head to Bend. Pray the Econolodge isn't ICKY! Oh, right now, it's 57 degrees, with a low of 53. Thursday's low is 38. The high that afternoon is 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment